Barrick is looking for a Resettlement Project Lead position to join the Expansion Project team. This role will develop and implement the Resettlement Action Plan (RAP), Livelihood Restoration Plan and manage the physical and socio- economic resettlement in accordance with Barrick`s policies and procedures and national and international guidelines. Accountable for the construction of the Housing and other infrastructure required for the resettlement as per the RAP.
The Resettlement Lead supports the Resettlement Project Manager in delivering the resettlement on time, budget and with agreed scopes as per the RAP and must comply with the Resettlement framework standards. The focus on management support lies on the acquisition of lands and in managing the risks of the Project.
Responsibilities: * Manage and supervise all activities related to the implementation of the resettlement, conforming to the resettlement policy framework, identifying socioeconomic opportunities and generating strategic alliances, with the objective to ensure the negative impacts of resettlement are offset by the positive result of planned socioeconomic development activities.
- Manage the Resettlement implementation team, in particular, the staff dedicated to land acquisition.
- Ensure all Data related to the resettlement and compensation is properly managed.
- Establish in collaboration with the Corporate Social Responsibility and Agribusiness teams’ solid relationships with local stakeholders, with the aim of ensuring transparency and full consultation by the affected communities.
- Understand the Social Impact Assessment (SIA) and develop the livelihood restoration monitoring and evaluation program.
- Manages the RAP consultant and other consultants and contractors required for the RAP implementation.
- Works closely with the compensation negotiating team to ensure all individual agreements are closed.
- Assists the Project on the resettlement analysis of social risks and opportunities and development of project components
- Accountable for the construction of the Housing and other Infrastructure required for the resettlement. Provides the scope of work for these constructions and receives the construction deliverables. Manages the social interactions with the community during the construction phase (with the support of the stakeholder engagement team).
- B.Sc in Industrial engineering or Engineering in General with Project Management experience, Project management (PMP certification desirable)
- Knowledge of MS Office, and Project
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in the industrial/mining sector in the Dominican Republic/ Latin America
- Understanding of Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, best practice in corporate social responsibility, including stakeholder engagement, resettlement, and community development
- Practical knowledge of IFC Performance Standards, UNVPs, ICMM, UNGP and an appreciation of health, safety, environmental, security, and human rights challenges in mining and how they interact with communities
- Experience in land access, land management and land acquisition
- Strong team leadership and project management experience, with demonstrated ability to develop strategic plans and achieve results
- Ability to contribute to the development of technical proposals
- Experience analyzing data and producing evaluation reports
- Strong computer skills, facilitation skills
- Excellent communicator in both languages (English/Spanish)
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
At Barrick Pueblo Viejo women's support in our processes is highly valuated, APPLY!
Barrick Pueblo Viejo provides and guarantees equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment and acts of violence of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic, condition or status protected by Dominican laws.